Gives one a wondrous, childlike feeling of exploring something beyond your understanding - with the chilling adult understanding of what a forgotten war machine represents. Also looks tight as hell.
A downloadable game
Peace. Kids playing in mech wreckage. A ghost.
One last journey across an ancient battleground to find a pilot's final resting place.
- A GM-less storytelling and map-drawing game for 3 or more players.
- About how we remember war, how we forget, and all that remains when the echoes fade.
- At least 1 hour to play (more for 4+ players).
- 4 pages.
- 3 random tables for creating an advanced or low-tech landscape littered with destroyed mechs from the last great war.
- An optional blank hex map is also available to download and print.
- You will need to bring your own pencils or crayons for drawing the map, and a 6-sided die would be useful, but not necessary.
This game was inspired by the wreckage of a downed Japanese Zero fighter I came across in the Sabah countryside when I was a kid. The stripped fuselage had been lying there for nearly 40 years. A lonely, fallen engine of destruction. Once, a pilot depended upon the machine for his life. I wonder what conversation I might have had with his ghost. I wonder if the wreck is still there.
Made for the Emotional Mecha Jam
Game design: Kai Poh (@tunkaipoh)
Graphical design and layout: Elisha Rusli (@elisharusli)
Role Over Play Dead is an outpost in the Malaysian roleplaying scene. Visit us for reviews, interviews and other articles.
"I really like Ech0! Got that Tales From The Loop feel down pat. Very countryside childhood exploration." - Ben Chong ( Swords and Flowers )
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Final V1 update, and Thanks!17 hours ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.